Friday, June 26, 2026

New message about Simple Machines Made Simple

Kickstarter
Note: Kickstarter will never contact you via direct messages and does not endorse third-party services. Please report spam messages or unsolicited offers, including messages from users claiming to be affiliated with Kickstarter. Read more about spam messaging here.
Chase Roberts says:
Chase Roberts

Eric, Sorry, I missed this message earlier. Thanks for sharing! haha. I've got it downloaded!

For the inclined plane, the problem on these is that the track that the wheel runs on is too tight and pinches the wheel so it doesn't run smoothly. At first, I thought I could put some spacers in there overnight to try and press it apart, and I thought that was working fine. But then I did another test, where I spaced some of them out, and tested that they worked fine, but then I waited two days, and tested again, and almost all of them the problem had returned. So my solution was a temporary one, and not a long term one. Anyway, I assumed you got one of the books I thought I had fixed.

The faster, and more permanent solution is to shave or sand the inside edge of the track down a little bit just until the wheel can move smoothly. In most cases it doesn't take very much. I've been using 120 grit sandpaper and it works really well. I've also used a razor blade, which required a little more finesse, but that worked too. Either way, the most difficult part is just being careful to try and not scratch up the paper behind the track. Just take a piece of cardboard and use it as a backing for the sandpaper, and that will make a lot easier. Here's a video demo:
https://youtube.com/shorts/x2z9i1kvhTs

Let me know if that doesn't get you back in business.

Reply to this email or view on Kickstarter to respond.
Manage your notification settings
Instagram Facebook Twitter
Kickstarter, PBC · 228 Park Ave S PMB 59430, New York New York 10003-1502
Contact us
Kickstarter Terms of Use

No comments: