So far, Simple Machines has been a huge hit! Thank you all for the support! This is the last Simple Machines update that I'll post to Kickstarter.
We've shipped out all the pre-orders that I have shipping addresses for. If you haven't received your book yet, and don't know the status, then it's likely because you haven't completed the backer survey and given me your shipping address. You will need your email address that you use for Kickstarter, which you can find by logging into Kickstarter and going to your account settings (link). And then paste that here for the survey: https://backer.hackylabs.com/
One note about the book(s). The biggest issue seems to be pulley wheels popping out. If you haven't yet, go ahead and just put a dab of superglue on the axle of the wheel so it stays in there. As long as you don't get any on the rope, it will be okay, and the rope can still slide over the pulley wheel just fine. I've redesigned it for future iterations of the book so it won't pop out so easily, but the quick fix is superglue.
If you want more books, for more supergluing fun, you can order at hackylabs.com. The only hiccup being that I'm, again, waiting for more inventory, and they won't ship for another month or two.
I'll continue to send updates of what I'm working on via email. In the past, I've been very hesitant to reveal too much about upcoming books before I'm ready for the product launch, but I'm trying to convince myself it's worth the risk and to share more and build in public.
Thanks so much for being a part of this project! There's nothing else I'd rather be working on, and I couldn't do it without you!
Cheers,
Chase
No comments:
Post a Comment